Abs, Splits and Thighs for July

I've decided to put together a 31 day challenge for the month of July that targets areas that ALL dancers need to work on- abs, splits and inner thighs.

Included will be moves for each day to help improve core (abs and back) strength, inner thighs and splits flexibility. 
August will be handstands and inversion moves.  Anyone is welcome to join me in the challenge! 

I'm doing this because I really really want to work on controlling my turns and newfound flexibility. The maximum of my flexibility is a flat 180 on both sides to the front.  To use that standing would require strong core strength and some degree of over splits.

My back flexibility and strength is lacking, as seen in the pics attached of my current  back bend. I'm hoping to improve all of it by building core strength.

More to come soon!

Comments

  1. Wow, I can't wait, this is the EXACT excuse I need to get my bum into gear and get my body sorted! I'm the same as you, I have such an inflexible back. But I was working on my splits the other day! See here: http://thenimblemouse.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/oversplits-and-sneak-peak-video.html

    Can't wait to get started, thanks!!

    Carys xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts